Position Objective: WCS-India is seeking a highly creative and innovative individual with a strong passion for wildlife and conservation to join our dynamic communication team. Our focus on illustration sets us apart, and we value the creative freedom to explore new ideas and approaches.
Position: Communication Designer + Illustrator
Reports to: Lead Designer
Posting Location: Bangalore, India
Programme Related Tasks:
- Design visually appealing reports, presentations, and data visualizations to effectively communicate our work to donors and funders.
- Develop visually appealing and informative guides, posters, infographics, newsletters, and other outreach materials to engage the general public.
- Take charge of conceptualizing and executing campaigns and small-scale projects as per the requirements of different programs.
- Provide design support for creating multilingual brochures and other print materials.
- Transform scientific papers into visually engaging content accessible to a broader audience.
- Conceptualize and design educational content, making complex ideas easily understandable.
- Create compelling digital content aligned with our overall communication plan.
- Ideate and execute theme-specific content for special days, showcasing your independent creative flair.
Outreach and Communication:
We're not limited to standard tasks; our team engages in various exciting initiatives, such as:
- Developing event/programme-based merchandise.
- Crafting interactive games and activities.
- Producing animated media and content.
Required Qualification, Skills & Abilities:
- A bachelor's degree in Design/ Communication
- Digital illustration skills
- Passion for wildlife and conservation
- Inquisitive, willing to take initiative to ideate concepts
- High proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Independent, self-driven, and organised, with the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Adaptable and willing to explore new styles/ methods and avenues of communication
- Strong team player and collaborator
Compensation: Offered as per qualifications and experience
Please send them together in one file :
- A one-page/300-word letter indicating your interest in joining this project,
- Your latest resume, along with two reference details (name, designation, email, and phone number).
- Portfolio of work containing at least 10 pieces that display your versatility as a designer/ illustrator
Submit your application using the position title "Communication Designer + Illustrator" in the subject line -Send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th Feb 2024. All applications will be reviewed; however, only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further processing.