About us: The Wildlife Conservation Society-India works to conserve wildlife backed by science. We work in partnership with governmental and non-governmental organizations to deal with conservation challenges such as human-wildlife interaction, combating wildlife trafficking, conservation of marine ecosystems and species, conservation of endangered species, livelihood development of local communities, and so on. Committed to wildlife conservation and the ecological worldview that recognizes the inextricable link between human welfare and the protection of wildlife and wild spaces, WCS-India endeavours to inspire positive attitudes in people towards wildlife.
WCS-India is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
Reports to: Head - Operations
- Responsible for financial and management accounting (for projects and donors) for WCS-India.
- Responsible for treasury and banking activities.
- Develop budget proposals in coordination with program heads.
- Donor Reporting across a range of projects
- Ongoing training and development of a high-performance finance team.
- Develop and institutionalize policies for financial accounting, procurement, and fixed asset management.
- Responsible for Statutory Compliances (Income Tax, Labour laws, FCRA, Companies Act)
- Compliance with Company Secretarial functions for a Section 8 company.
Education & Experience, Knowledge
Chartered Accountant or master’s degree in Business Management.
7-10 years of experience
Work experience in the non-profit sector is desirable.
Understanding of FCRA regulations.
Ability to work as part of a team and to lead and inspire other team members.
Good Oral and Written communication skills
Location: Bengaluru (With travel to field sites)
Compensation: Offered as per the qualification and experience.
It’s time to apply:
To apply, please send together in one file a cover letter and an updated resume.
Submit your application using the position title “Head of Finance” in the subject line and send us to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by January 09, 2023.
Candidates are to share three professional references mandatorily.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further process.