About the Project: The WCS-India Sharks and Rays Program works at sites across the Indian coastline to curb the decline in elasmobranch populations. We aim to do so by bridging key gaps in baseline information, developing capacity, effective community outreach, and efforts to impact national and international policy. This workstream vertical under the Marine Program seeks to hire a Project Associate to be based between Ratnagiri, Maharashtra and Bengaluru, Karnataka, for the implementation of project activities on ground.
- A Master’s degree in Social Sciences or allied fields or substantial, relevant professional experience in this field.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience working with fisheries and fishers.
- The ability to speak Marathi and / or Konkani fluently.
- Leading on-ground project activities under the Sharks and Rays vertical of the WCS-India Marine Program. These activities include, and are not restricted to
- Monitoring elasmobranch landings.
Conducting socio-economic surveys with fishers and traders.
Engaging meaningfully with fishers, relevant Government authorities, partners, and other stakeholders towards successful project implementation.
Providing contextual input for capacity development, awareness and community outreach activities.
Supporting relevant endeavours to influence policy.
Assisting the Project Manager with reporting.
Providing inputs towards outreach – scientific and popular publications.
Assisting WCS-India on other activities when relevant.
Compensation: Offered as per the qualification and experience.
It’s time to apply:
To apply, please send together in one file a cover letter and an updated resume. Submit your application using the position title “Project Associate- Sharks & Rays” in the subject line and send us at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 8th October 2022.
Candidates to share three professional references mandatorily.
All applications will be reviewed however, only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further process.