No. of position: 1
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Position type: Full-time
Program/Sector: Counter Wildlife Trafficking Programme, WCS-India
Duration: One-Year fixed term
The Counter Wildlife Trafficking Programme of Wildlife Conservation Society-India is looking for a Database Analyst, who will primarily be responsible for gathering, managing and analysing information on wildlife trafficking. This will include managing WCS-India’s wildlife trafficking database and producing dossiers, reports and other outputs as needed. He/she will also support other project activities as required.
WCS-India is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree in the environmental field(s), criminology, computer science, mathematics or statistics.
- Advanced computer literacy skills and expertise.
- Strong background in research and analysis.
- Familiarity with analytic/database software and presentation tools such as IBM’s iBase and Analyst Notebook, Microsoft’s PowerBI and Adobe suite products.
- Discretion in handling sensitive information and attention to detail in managing data and databases.
- Good English skills (reading, writing, spoken, listening).
- Fluency in English and one Indian language; Preference to candidates with knowledge of two or more Indian language(s).
- Ability to work independently, excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Manage WCS-India’s wildlife trafficking database, ensuring it is kept up to date and information products are produced as needed.
- Monitor open-source information on wildlife trade following appropriate protocols, update the database and produce regular summaries for relevant staff.
- Compile reports, dossiers and other required outputs on wildlife trafficking.
- Gather required data and information from relevant staff/projects for project monitoring and evaluation.
- Follow up on and provide technical support to seizures and court cases as needed.
- Assist with preparation for events, including trainings, workshops and field surveys.
- Receive training and capacity development as required to fulfil this role, including in research methods, information management and other topics as needed.
- Assist with all other programme-related activities as required.
As well as any and all other work assignments, duties, and/or functions as WCS-India or its management may designate or instruct in the course of its operation, which may include assignments, duties, and/or functions that vary from the above.
Compensation: Offered as per the qualification and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through email with the subject line ‘Application for CWT Database Analyst’, a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Closing date for application is July 31st, 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Candidates are required to share three professional references mandatorily.