Position: Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Head of Communications and Outreach
Posting Location: Bengaluru, India
Position objective: The Social Media Coordinator will be part of the Communications and Outreach team working closely with all WCS-India programmes to create original value content, maintaining an effective social media presence.
- Oversee all WCS-India social media channels to maintain consistency in messaging to ensure it aligns with the organization's vision and goals
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, adapting content to suit different channels
- Oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms
- Develop, launch and manage new competitions and campaigns
- Undertake audience research
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights.
- Research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity.
- Recommend improvements to increase performance
- Set targets to increase brand awareness and increase customer engagement
- Manage a budget for social media activities if required
- Coordination with all WCS-India programmes from regular updates and content creation.
- Coordination and implementation and adaptive management of our overall communications strategy
Required Qualification, Skills & Abilities:
- (At least) A bachelor's degree in Zoology, Wildlife, Life Sciences, or related fields.
- Passion for wildlife conservation.
- Experience in basic photo editing and design software is desirable but not necessary.
- Passion for original writing, storytelling, and visual content.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Hindi grammar, usage, punctuation, and style.
- Well-versed with spoken English and Hindi.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Passion for collaborations with fellow artists in the team to meet deadlines.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy
Compensation: Offered as per qualifications and experience
Please send together in one file:
• A one page/300-word letter indicating your interest in joining this project,
• Your latest resume, along with three reference details (name, designation, email, and phone number).
• Samples of previous work (writing, design samples)
Submit your application using the position title "Social Media Coordinator" in the subject line -Send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd December 2021.
Candidates to share three professional references mandatorily.
All applications will be reviewed however, only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further process.