Position: Senior Accounts Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Bangalore, India
Country Program/Sector: India
Position Type: Full-Time
Internal liaison: Project Managers, Finance Director
Expected travel: Willingness to travel as and when required
The Wildlife Conservation Society-India works to conserve wildlife, backed by science. We work in partnership with governmental and non-governmental organisations to deal with conservation challenges such as human-wildlife interaction, voluntary relocation of people from protected forest areas, combating wildlife trafficking, conservation of endangered species and tourism in protected areas and so on. Committed to wildlife conservation and the ecological world view that recognises the inextricable link between human welfare and protection of wildlife and wild spaces, WCS-India endeavours to inspire positive attitudes in people towards wildlife.
The Senior Accounts Officer will be a member of the Finance & Accounts team responsible for Financial Accounting, Payroll and expense processing, Statutory Compliances, Grants and Donor accounting and finalization of financial statements.
- Reviewing appropriateness of expenses
- Ensuring financial compliance with grant award requirements
- Implement control policies – bank reconciliation, payroll reconciliation, cost allocation to grants, statutory compliances
- Payroll processing
- Assist in budget planning by tracking expenses against the budget
- Project accounting and preparation of project reports
- Preparation of financial statements
- Liaison with statutory auditors
- Assist and guide junior accountants for correctness and completion of regular tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Accounting.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in an accounting role preferably with some experience in the non-profit sector.
- Exposure to Tally is desirable. Excellent working knowledge of MS EXCEL
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written skills in English .
To apply :
Submit your updated resume latest by June 15, 2020 using position the title “Senior Accounts Officer- Bangalore” in subject line and send us on email@example.com
All applications will be reviewed however only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further process.