Open Positions: 1
Work Experience: 1-2 years
Reports to: Project Associate – Virtual Marine Museum, Marine Programme
Duration: 3 months, with possible extension
About the Project:
The Marine Programme at WCS-India is working on designing and launching a comprehensive online repository of information on India’s rich marine life. This Virtual Marine Museum is expected to be a versatile, multiple-use resource for different audiences that wish to interact with or learn more about the oceans, providing a unique platform for engagement and awareness.
- Create high-quality, scientifically accurate artwork and/or infographics of marine species, marine habitats, and related content for the website and potentially printables. Refer to attached illustrations for the desired style of artwork.
- Work with the team to brainstorm and conceptualise additional illustrative elements that may fit the marine museum’s narrative, and enhance the visual impact.
- Comfortable with design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Procreate, and/or Canva Pro.
- Experience in illustrating wildlife species and habitats, and compositions with multiple elements. Experience in illustrating marine life is a plus.
- An eye for detail, creative outlook, and the ability to translate a concept or story into slightly stylised, realistic artwork, and maintain consistency of style across illustrations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently to complete tasks, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and handle tight deadlines.
- Undergraduate university degree in Arts, Design or Communication.
Compensation will be offered per qualifications and experience.
To apply, send the following together in one email:\
- A 250-word cover letter stating your interest in joining us and why you feel you’re the best candidate.
- Your updated resume, along with two references.
- A link to your portfolio or 4-5 relevant samples attached, with at least one of marine life.
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 June 2023, with ‘Illustrator – Virtual Marine Museum’ in the subject line. Kindly note, we will only be able to notify shortlisted candidates for further screening.